Wednesday, March 4, 2009

1987 Bianchi Brava



Last week I picked up this 1987 Bianchi Brava road bike. It has full Shimano 105 components which are in very good condition. Celeste on Black is a pretty sexy combination of colors. The photos dont really show off the Celeste too well because of the sunlight. I got it off of CraigsList and the guy I bought it off of was the original owner. Additionally, he said he hadnt ridden it in 8 years.



Yes the bartape is old and done. This may be the original handlebar tape though. Seriously. I think the tires are original, IRC Triathlons 700c x 20. They are actually in pretty good condition, I think I'll ride them for a bit.



6 speed indexed shifting and the sticker stating World dominance.



Cateye CC-2000 computer. The battery was dead, but I got a new one and it works. Caution: does not have automatic start/stop feature. And, the computer never shuts off----this seems like a waste. The manual to this bike computer and all other Cateye computers can be found on their website here.

My plan is get some older Look pedals, some new bartape, clean it up and go for a ride.

6 comments:

  1. how long does the battery seem to be lasting on the cateye?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Francis Ko

    I have one just exactly same in light purple with white accent.
    It is a great bike for the last three years, I bought it off a small bike shop in Toronto Canada, it was on cosignment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how much did you pay for this? I'm thinking of getting this same bike

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paid 60$ for this bike last year. Homeless person selling was happy and so am I.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have one exactly like this bike! What is the bikes value? Or how much would you pay for it?

    ReplyDelete