Monday, March 9, 2009

Schwinn Cross-Fit stripped



One of the parameters of the project was that it couldnt cost a lot. I set a budget of around $200. I began acquiring parts, some new from Velo Orange and some old from eBay and my parts box.

When I had all of the parts, I stripped the bike down and took a propane torch to the decals to burn them off. This works very well, produces little smoke, and is easy. I've had great success with this method in the past.

Next I took a putty knife and scraped off all the burnt decals. Some coarse sandpaper was next, sanding down the little pits and chips here and there.



I will take a lighter sandpaper to it next to make it nice and smooth. Not too much of a rush though. My only work area is on the roof of my apartment building it its supposed to be cold and wet for the next week or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment