Thursday, March 15, 2012

The importance of decals

In my opinion, decals can make all the difference when repainting a bike. Getting stock decals from eBay is one option I've done in the past, like on my Colnago restoration (bike was powdercoated):


But more recently, I've had some fun picking out a new font and choosing my own color to compliment the new frame color:

Schwinn above was spray painted using Krylon


Gunnar was powdercoated

In the above two examples of the Schwinn and the Gunnar I bought the decals from a small online business called www.bikenames.com. They've always have good communication, the prices are reasonable, they're quick and even better I can send him a font I've found online that I like and he takes care of the rest.

For the Raleigh Randonneur project, I'll be using metallic gold vinyl and the font is called Birmingham. It'll look something like this:


No comments:

Post a Comment